Monday, May 18, 2009

Sentences

I miss my black sequined dress
the one I wear to dance in Chicago.

Bomont? Where the hell is Bomont?
(Donald always said fuck instead of hell.)

Somebody's eyes are watching
somebody's eyes will never close, never sleep
somebody's after the secrets that you keep.

I had a pink slippery suit when I was five
and now I wore one again for gym.
Funny, the way things come full circle like that.

My church dress
looked like Eric's beach towel.
So he said, anyway.

Amy did my hair every night.
She said it was exactly the same as her hair was in the 80s when she was a teenager.
I miss her already
and it's only been four hours since we hugged goodbye.

I need to learn to sing from my heart more.

I'm sad this is over. I'm going to miss it tremendously.
Even more than I miss my hot sequined dress and big hair and purple eyeshadow
I miss people.

No comments: